15 May 2011

Hordak's space suit.

One of the last of the He-Man and She-Ra crossover episodes "Shera Makes A Promise" features a brief but very memorable appearance from an incredibly dangerous-looking Hordak. In an effort to destroy He-Man and She-Ra Hordak dons an impressive suit of armor, filled to the brim with weapons! As you can see the artists put a great deal of work into the design. Which only makes it more of a shame when you consider that Hordak's attack on the heroes last about two seconds; then he decides to flee! This armor always looked so impressive that I am sure a writer could have written an entire episode around it...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

6 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Looks like a Monstroid design! Funny how Hordak can transform himself into so many mechanical/machine-looking forms, yet he still wears this space suit! I get a kick out of the "Scooby Doo" like animation of Hordak fleeing as the torpedoes are sent right back at him! Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

Brett said...

I was just about to make the same comment Kevin has made--Hordak's space suit is VERY reminiscent of the Monstroid design!

Aldebaran said...

You know, with the antennas, his head somehow reminds me of Horde Prime from the UK comics. Well, at least a bit.

HB Potlood said...

Normally I'm not the kind of guy who brings up 'Action figure possiblities' but in this case, I am tempted...

Fabian said...

I have to agree that an entire episode with Hordak in this suit would have been very interesting. I wonder why it only lasted very little in the episode. It would have been nice to have seen more.

joseephus said...

This spacesuit of Hordak was always so cool looking to me. I thought he looked like something out of Voltron as a kid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...