11 May 2011

The one and only Goat Man!

In all my years of being a fan of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, the worst kept secret is that I hate Goat Man, the one-shot villain that appeared in the Golden Book story "Secret of the Dragon's Egg". My problem with the character is that he has to be one of the laziest characters in the history of the brand. Whereas most, if not all, of the Evil Warriors had a purpose to their design, Goat Man is just a big guy with a goat's head. There is nothing more than that. His design and look is incredibly uninspiring. I am thankful that the character never made any other appearances beyond this book. Although, that Andros fellow in the first episode of The New Adventures of He-Man, he does bear more than a passing resemblance to Goat Man...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

9 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Definitely a character better suited for the "Thundercats" cast. :) ~"KevyGuy" :)

Brett said...

Oh no, it's finally happened: I have to respectfully disagree with you, my friend! Sure, Goat-Man may not be the best designed character ever, but he fits right in with the likes of the Goldenbook (and Mattel) Clawful. I hope that when/if we get him in the MOTUC line, they merge his character with Andre (but with this look).

Tyler Baker said...

I used to check out secret of the dragon's egg alot in elementary school...Goat Man being one of the top 3 reasons! I thought one, it was cool to see Beast Man in control of another henchman, and 2 I loved his initial design! Given he was drawn just for this one book, he fit perfect in this world!

Buzz Chuck said...

Maybe we will get a Masters of the Universe Classics figure of him. He's cooler than the Star Sisters.

Daniel Quintero said...

Any time I see this character... i remember of you James... this is part of the darkest MOTU characters that i was aware because of this blog!!

An amazing blog that has reached (in Jan 2012) +1250 Post!!

Vinto-Man said...

Goat Man? I thought Snout Spout was pushing it but at least he looked cool. Goat Man and Plundar would have the worse double team ever!!

LJM said...

Don't recall Goat Man but I adored the Golden Books, the artwork on the sleeves was absolutely stunning! Could you post those?

Fabian said...

There is a fan following for this character it seems. There is not to much known about this character. It seems like he was not given much thought when he was created for the book.

joseephus said...

I actually thought Goat Man was an interesting looking character that needed some more exposure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...