22 April 2012

Flutterina the spy.

Here is an incredibly atmospheric illustration from the story "The Lost River", which was featured in the rarely-seen four story She-Ra Ladybird compilation book. Glenn Steward illustrates this piece with a great sense of mood, as Flutterina spies on Catra and Clawdeen, as they attempt to enter the Crystal Castle from below! I love the way in which the two villainous figures are given no outline when compared to Flutterina in the foreground; this helps create a wonderful sense of depth.


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

3 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Great job on the different shades of purple in Flutterina's hair and the realistic texture and shading for the rocky structures! :)

Mosquitor said...

I know I had that book but I probably got rid of it years ago when I thought I would never have any interest in She-Ra again... All these updates you're posting from it are making me want to read it again!

Miss M said...

I also love the writing that really helps set the picture up. Flutterina can see a slight movement based on just, "the faint light of the stars." Added with the drawing, you can't help but want to be in the picture too. (At least, I can't!) Love this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...